Urgent help please

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by razatheblade, Dec 9, 2013.

1. razatheblade

razatheblade New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    I've got a warren hen about 18 months old she has lost her balance and is curled up into a ball, doesn't seem interested in good or water and has little body weight, any iidea's what this could be? Thanks a lot [​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    It could be any number of things. Is she laying? Have you seen extra feathers laying around? Where are ou? Is there any swelling near her vent (like a stuck egg) or in her belly? Does she free range, and / or have access to compost? Have you ever wormed her, and if so, with what? Have you checked her flor lice / mites? Also answer over these questions:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/3569/have-an-emergency-disease-please-read-first/0_20

3. razatheblade

razatheblade New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    I imagine she wasn't laying, I use past tense because she sadly passed away last night, the was no stuck egg but she was a free range bird and would have had some access to compost at some point she was worked and liced aswell, thanks for the reply

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

5. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

Very sorry.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]She probably had some sort of internal problem/infection.

7. razatheblade

razatheblade New Egg

Dec 9, 2013
    Thanks for the reply's guys, would still like to know the problem if possible to make sure my other 5 don't get sick, thanks again :)

8. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by