URGENT help- rehoming a neo. mastiff N. TX

Autumn T

Songster
11 Years
Dec 23, 2008
Central Texas
tonight we picked up (freecycle) a beautiful chocolate colored female mastiff

my 3 yr old son will not stop screaming in terror when she comes in the room and then she tried to tear into our rabbit cages in front of my daughters. Hubby was barely able to grab her off!

she is 2.5 yr old, current on her shots, spayed
she has sensitive skin we were told and is a bit under weight
great w/kids of all ages
not great with small dogs...they make good treats
wink.png
(as does our rabbits it seems)
she is NOT 'full size' her growth was stunted so so is only 120 lbs and the size of a Lab

I am calling the owners tomorrow but they can NOT keep her as they are moving in w/family

the conditions of getting her are MUST send pics/updates to her old owners and she needs to be inside (cause of her skin) as much as poss

I am near DFW area (south side of FTW)

Last edited:
so wish we lived closer to you. We just lost our bull mastiff and would love to find another Big Dog to work with. Our bull mastiff Bizkit came with many issues as well and at times was a challenge, but we grew to appreciate him and miss him dearly.

yes, please put out feelers!
I am hoping someone here will take her so that I can tell the owner sorry she didn't make it here BUT we have a great home with....

Quote:
hey if we can get a dog train???? I think you are about 16 hrs from here

Let me talk with DH, while I'm ready, i'm not sure he is yet. If I can OK it with him I'll get with you and make sure we are "ok" with you.

We currently have a 7 dogs, 3 of which are little dogs, how bad is she with the small dogs? I'm sure she would love our Great Dane.
How is she with cats or has she been around them at all?

If I were you, I'd also put her on PetFinder.

Last edited:
they say the only little dogs she was around were the neighbor hood Chihuahuas and they attacked her so she is nervous. she was with a mastiff pup that died recently and so a bit upset over that.

it seems she is a "man's dog" as she is following/wanting to be with dh the most

oh what a pickle! DH wants her gone esp after she paced all night and kept him up. the old owners leave Saturday.

I am just sick over this.

Back
Top Bottom