URGENT - Hen does not look good -please

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
I really don't know what to do, so I will try, I don't think she is gonna make it

1) What type of bird , age and weight. - RIR, 9 mths old, laying pullert
2) What is the behavior, exactly. She was OK in her nest box this morning, tonight I found her on the groiund under the roost, barely breathing with her eyes closed and a milky substance coming out of her mouth. Crop is squishy and full, no hard mass in her belly
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?- IShe was fine this morning
4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
5) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. Don't know
6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Normal crumbles, water with ACV
7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary
8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?She's laying on a blanket, in the house
9 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?I think I can do it myself
10) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
11) Describe the housing/bedding in use
Shavings, with DE

Very sorry for your loss
sad.png

Last edited:
Sorry Jersey girl!!!
hugs.gif
Did you find out the cause??? I hope it is limited to one bird.

I haven't got a clue - I'm thinking maybe a stroke. She was fine when I left her in the AM, none of the other 15 birds show any kinds of disease, nothing. I'm going to wait and see - if it happens to another, I'll have a necropsy done.

Back
Top Bottom