URGENT! how to get rid of these chickens?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by luvchikies, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    So I live in the city and I recently got chickens from a friend that was moving. Now I have like 8 chickens and I don't know how to get rid of them! I regret so much accepting them in the first place because I can't afford having chickens [​IMG] My friend wasn't taking good care of them and when she gave them to me they were all bones! I already tried craiglist but no one wants them. How can I get rid of them? it's an emergency since I don't have any cracked corn or something for them to eat. What can I do? I'm scared to cull them [​IMG] any help will be appreciated.

2. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm thinking in just dropping them off a few blocks away from my house! [​IMG] It's really that BAD! I need to get rid of them because I don't want to see them die in front of my eyes [​IMG]

I can't believe this is happening [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Do you have a Animal Shelter that can take them, I know our Shelters take Chickens.

4. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    No animal shelter, no nothing [​IMG] no one will take them.

5. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:Umm, wouldn't do that if I were you, in most states, Animal abandonment is a crime.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  6. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    Quote:Umm, wouldn't do that if I were you, in most states, Animal abandonment is a crime.

Then I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can cull them, but I wont because that's just wrong. I will feel very bad if I did that.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Where do you live? And no, do NOT just drop them off somewhere. That is wrong and cruel.

You can feed them oatmeal, salad, thawed frozen peas, etc...

If you do not want to feed them, butcher and eat them.

8. kelseygirl707

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Post in your states thread, maybe someone near by can take them.

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Put an ad in the local paper, put a" free chicken" post in the vets office & especially at the feed store & DEFINITELY here on BYC. What area are you in?. In the mean time, they love bread, cereal, or just about any table scraps.

10. luvchikies

Jan 6, 2009
    Ok, I'll try feeding them bread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by