**URGENT** I may have fried my eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I just installed a fan into my lg, an went I walked away I didnt look at the temp.... IT WAS 112*F!!!! DID I KILL MY EGGS!!?!?!!?? It was only 20-30min.... I just set them this afternoon..
    I may want to add it was heating back up in that 30min....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    Well I set my incubator outside for about an hour not going into details but when I remembered it my Temp was 120+ due to the sun. This was several days ago and mine are still growing and moving. So you might be okay.

3. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    [​IMG] Lets hope so... I just got these eggs [​IMG]

4. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    Keep in mind out in the wild or natural world these eggs get all kinds of crazy temps. I honestly think they are a little more forgiving than people realize. If they weren't all most all the chickens would be extinct or like fruit only raised in certain areas.

I do understand your concern though I freaked out when I saw my temp.

5. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:True...

6. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    If it was only 20 or 30 minutes I would bet you're ok. It takes quite awhile for the internal temperature of the eggs to rise. What day are you on? I would probably just candle whenever you were planning on doing that next and see what has happened. I bet it will be fine [​IMG]

7. jfulcher

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Quote:Couple of problems w/ that 1. They are button eggs 2. They are staggered so some are 1/2 way thru some are 1/4 done some were just set today!!! *arg*
    ALSO incubator was unplugged so it probably just got to that temp.... Altho I am unsure..... BUT the eggs were hot to the touch... 28 eggs... If I killed them... URG!!!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  8. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    they will be fine i have a lg incubator and forgot and left a blanket thrown over it for like 7 hours and it got hot!!!! but they were fine

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My incubator went to 115 degrees for about an hour. When I discovered it the eggs were very warm/hot. I took the cover off of the incubator for several minutes. I had turned the incubator thermostat down and put it back on. I would rather the incubator be cooler then hotter. After I put it back together and let it stabilize for a couple of hours or so, I took the eggs out and candled them and they were moving. I thought for sure they were cooked as hot as the eggs were. Good luck!!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  10. zebserema

zebserema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    happy hatching

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by