**URGENT** I may have fried my eggs!!!

jfulcher

Songster
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Tucson, AZ 85712
I just installed a fan into my lg, an went I walked away I didnt look at the temp.... IT WAS 112*F!!!! DID I KILL MY EGGS!!?!?!!?? It was only 20-30min.... I just set them this afternoon..
I may want to add it was heating back up in that 30min....

Last edited:
Well I set my incubator outside for about an hour not going into details but when I remembered it my Temp was 120+ due to the sun. This was several days ago and mine are still growing and moving. So you might be okay.

th.gif
Lets hope so... I just got these eggs
th.gif

Keep in mind out in the wild or natural world these eggs get all kinds of crazy temps. I honestly think they are a little more forgiving than people realize. If they weren't all most all the chickens would be extinct or like fruit only raised in certain areas.

I do understand your concern though I freaked out when I saw my temp.

If it was only 20 or 30 minutes I would bet you're ok. It takes quite awhile for the internal temperature of the eggs to rise. What day are you on? I would probably just candle whenever you were planning on doing that next and see what has happened. I bet it will be fine
smile.png

Quote:
Couple of problems w/ that 1. They are button eggs 2. They are staggered so some are 1/2 way thru some are 1/4 done some were just set today!!! *arg*
ALSO incubator was unplugged so it probably just got to that temp.... Altho I am unsure..... BUT the eggs were hot to the touch... 28 eggs... If I killed them... URG!!!!

Last edited:
they will be fine i have a lg incubator and forgot and left a blanket thrown over it for like 7 hours and it got hot!!!! but they were fine

My incubator went to 115 degrees for about an hour. When I discovered it the eggs were very warm/hot. I took the cover off of the incubator for several minutes. I had turned the incubator thermostat down and put it back on. I would rather the incubator be cooler then hotter. After I put it back together and let it stabilize for a couple of hours or so, I took the eggs out and candled them and they were moving. I thought for sure they were cooked as hot as the eggs were. Good luck!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom