URGENT- If you are in North Carolina in the Charlotte area...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ma2babygurl13, Nov 8, 2011.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    This is a cross post I do not know the validity of it but I thought I'd pass it on..

*URGENT* I need a HUGE favor from anyone who lives in Charlotte North Carolina (or anyone who knows someone there!) A friend of mine, his dog ran away a while ago and had been lost, BUT his long time friend has turned up at the Animal Shelter! Britches (the dog:) had been electronically tagged, so they were able to contact him! HERE'S THE FAVOR: He is in Louisiana and trying to get back in time - but the shelter is going to PUT BRITCHES DOWN:( on Wednesday November 9th at 5 p.m. - we need someone willing to just pick Britches up from the shelter until she can be reunited with her loving owner - he is trying to get home as soon as possible, he will of course cover any fees necessary. Please share this with anyone you know in Charlotte - and have them (the person living in Charlotte) email [email protected] so the details of where the shelter is, and a time to pick up Britches before she is put down!!

2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Why would they put down a dog if they knew the owner was coming to get it and is in another state? [​IMG] sad. I would call the news and tell them the story..... nothing gets things going in the right direction then a news camera in your face....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  3. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    That's not how shelter's operate. Someone somewhere got the facts mixed up. If the man has actually talked to the shelter, been identified via microchip as the owner, then the shelter will NOT put the dog down. I think your friend has his information wrong. I don't believe for a minute that he personally talked to the shelter and that they told him they were going to euthanize the dog because they didn't want to wait on him to drive there. I'd love to know more.

4. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    I don't know the person personally. That is why I stated it was just a cross post and I didn't know the validity of it. I just thought if it were true that I would pass it on in an attempt to help the dog.

5. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    It seems like some kind of a scam to me.

6. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:yeah it kind of does to me too, but I can't figure out what's in it for the scammer. Strange though. I hope it's not true because today is the 9th.....supposedly the dog's last day.

7. mamachicken888

mamachicken888 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    East Oklahoma
    If anyone can provide a shelter name and contact info, that would go a long way in finding out the truth about Britches.

Otherwise, I'd say somebody's "britches" were on fire. [​IMG]

8. Jetiki

Jetiki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    well one local shelter has contacted owners recently and they have said 3 times they were coming to get the dog and never showed up. So that dog is on the urgent list but I have hopes that he will be rescued. Being near charlotte and having contacts I sent them an email we'll see what happens. There was one yesterday dog was missing for 5 days, he was ON the Euth table and the owner came in and saved him. So this is not something out of the ordinary I wouldn't think especially with the overcrowding of shelters in the area.

Karen

9. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    It sounds like a twist on the old "pet stuck at the airport" scam. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by