1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

URGENT!! INCUBATOR STOPPED WORKING! HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheNeonPanther, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TheNeonPanther

TheNeonPanther Chillin' With My Peeps

HELP! MY R COM MINI IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY! The button quail eggs had 1 day left on the Rcom,Then it stopped!!!! I am not sure what to do!! I put the eggs in a container with chips and then put them 1 foot under a heat lamp!!! Is it supost to do that or what?? (sorry about spelling) I am afraid they were cold for to long!! Should I keep them warm or keep them under The heat lamp??

2. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Yes keep them warm under the heat lamp. Pretty sure it is 102F for quail eggs. I would try to get the incubator working or get a replacement asap. So sorry for your misfortune. Hope you still have a good hatch. Let us know. And by the way, Welcome to backyard chickens[​IMG]

3. TheNeonPanther

Thank you! We got the incubator working and 2 Button's hatched! and 1 more might hatch!

Here they are: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  4. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Awww! They are super cute! Congratulations[​IMG]

5. TheNeonPanther

thank you!! [​IMG]

6. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    You are welcome[​IMG] Anytime. Did the 3rd one hatch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by