URGENT my chick is hurt

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by PipieTuke, Apr 21, 2017.

1. PipieTuke

PipieTuke Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2016
    I found my bantam chick under the watered there
    Was no water inside of it and it is fairly light and I need help she is tiny and has goten a little bit better but still she has not stood up.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Is she currently in a brooder with other chicks? If so, time to move her to an "intensive care" unit where you can provide her the best supportive care while protecting her from further trauma at the feet/beaks of other birds. Supportive care means providing warmth, quiet, nutrition and hydration - it is then up to her to do the rest, or not do the rest.

3. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    First, you want to separate her from the others. They will peck and bully her.

When ours were chicks and we first moved them to the coop, one of them got it's leg caught in the fence separating the coop area from the storage area. We put her in our old guinea pig cage with her own food & water so the others wouldn't bully her. The cage was set in the storage area right next to the fence so the other could see her but not touch her. After a day or two she was well enough to put her back with the others.

I hope your chick pulls through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by