Urgent: Need to REHOME 2 Welsh/ 2 Silver Appleyards (SoCal) :(

Mamaquack6

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
Do you have a local farm store? My local store has a billboard that some folks use for rehoming or seeking.
Yeah I put up a flier the other day. I'll go by the store tomorrow. I know there are people in my area who have ducks I just need to find them!

Mamaquack6

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
You might have better luck on Facebook. I'm a member of several animal and pet groups for my state and county/city area. There are always people willing to do re-home. You can also try your local for sale or yard sale Facebook group for any takers.
I have had a few responses on craigslist - but to be honest I really want them to go to a pretty experienced duck owner. So far they are not previous duck owners so I will try an animal forum.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I know it's sad your having to do this. Have you tried FB I was on a couple of poultry groups when I was on FB. And a good friend who was on FB long before me found my 4 Runner drakes great homes off of FB. I had to drive them up to VA but they got awesome homes.

Quatie

Crowing
Oct 16, 2020
Northern California
Have you tried the state thread? This is the one for southern California.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/california-southern.161/

I wish I could help, but my coop is maxed out.

Edit: sorry realized that was already mentioned. You might try the other California threads though. The northern California one is pretty active and there are a lot of people from the bay on there.

Last edited:

Mamaquack6

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2021
I have joined two local groups on FB to see if anyone is interested. I had posted on a different FB group a couple weeks ago but got nothing - I think they only care bout political posts! 🤣 But the two new groups are promising.

Top Bottom