URGENT: ONE WEEK LEFT TO REHOME! 4-H kids' project roosters need rehoming ASAP (Ticonderoga, NY)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Alycia, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Today, I was informed that I can no longer keep roosters here in town because of the noise. Nevermind the fact that I have had them for 6 years and now, all of a sudden, they're too noisy. But anyway, I digress, these are 4-H children's project birds and we are heavily saddened that we must let them go. I am trying to keep two in particular close to home, so for now, I am only listing the other 4. They are all proven roosters and have no problem doing their roosterly duties! Free to a good home!

- Swagger. He is a 5 year old Sumatra/Silkie mix. He is currently Pollorum tested negative and is very friendly.
    [​IMG]

- Steel. He is a 4 year old Sumatra/Silkie/Phoenix mix. He is quite lovely to behold and very gentle. He was less worked with than the others but not mean in the slightest. He comes from this Pollorum tested negative flock.

[​IMG]

- Rhubarb. He is a 3 year old purebred Russian Orloff. He is huge but very gentle and loves to be carted around. He comes from this Pollorum tested negative flock, as well.

[​IMG]

- Ozzy. He is a 6 year old purebred Sumatra. This one also comes from our Pollorum tested negative flock and has gone to the fair several times when he was younger. He is a little more testy, but not dangerously aggressive. Not a children's bird, but could be great for someone who loves the breed or just needs a rooster to serve the purpose of a rooster.

[​IMG]

Please reply or PM me for details! I have only a week to get rid of them! Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  2. Sallyintucson

Sallyintucson Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2013
    I saw one post where a person was in a similar situation. She now keeps the boys in the garage in a cat carrier at night and lets them out around 10am. Seems to keeps the neighbors happy.

3. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Wish you were closer. I just can't do a 6 hr drive

4. naadarien

naadarien Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    Central Vermont
    My Coop
    Were you able to re-home these? If not, please let me know. Thanks!

5. JLfarm

JLfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Rayne lousiana
    I am very interested In all of them. Where r u located

6. I would love the russian

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by