Urgent!!! Please Help!! My chicken is dying!! I love her so much. :(

CallDuckLover

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Maryland
I think my New Hampshire is eggbound! She can't stand and I just found her laying outside the coop on the ground. I can tell that she hurts. She is my favorite. Please help me!!
sad.png
I don't want her to die.
hit.gif

Last edited:
If she is making the odd hen sound which sounds like almost a chirp she is MOST probably eggbound. There are many attempts on here to help you rellieve her problem.
Do a search if you can. Many try mineral oil and a vaporizor (do not get it too close to the vent) and hope for the best.

I personally have had little success with an egg bound hen. Even if you get them through this episode they do have that problem of the next egg, the next day.

Try NOT to attempt to manipulate the egg too much, a broken egg can be a larger problem even at the vent.

I sure hope this helps some and I sure hope others will reply to your post.

I love her so so much. Please help me. I don't want her to die.
hit.gif

She can't keep her eyes open. She keeps falling over lopsided.
hmm.png
sad.png

Last edited:
I know I'd like to come right over and help in person
sad.png
but eggbound is serious and often fatal. When they start showing symptoms of it, probably only a vet can save her. I'm sorry, I hope I'm wrong. Do you understand the advice given already?

I know you're upset, but do you even know if your hen really is eggbound? If there isn't an egg, she could be laying internally which is incurable, but we can't diagnose it on the internet. All you could do is check inside her vent for a stuck egg and go from there.

ok well thanks anyways. If she dies it's a part of life she looks as if she is dieing anyway. There probably isn't anything I can do. Thank you everyone for your advice. I will be praying that she makes it through the night. If she doesn't at least she doesn't have to suffer any more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom