URGENT prayer request for missionaries to Quito Ecuador!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cindiloohoo, May 28, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    We have a missionary team of 5 from our local church who are currently stuck in seperate airports awaiting news of whether or not they can proceed to Quito Ecuador due to 2 massive volcanic eruptions in and around the Quito area. Clint and Ashley are in Houston. Marlene, Abby and Ezra, are stuck in Miami. We currently have a local family stationed there who were going to host this group this week for their mission trip. Please pray for our family that is there with WHEW missions and for the ones currently stuck awaiting departure. Also, please pray for the people of Ecuador, as there have been thousands evacuated thus far and there is a huge ash plume 6 miles high over the capital city and surrounding areas as I type this. I will update this post as I get news.

2. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    They have released the couple in Houston to take off and the Miami group is awaiting the same. The family that was down there is okay, they were 80 miles south of Quito, so they have a cloud of ash, but are fine and accounted for! [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good news! [​IMG]

4. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:YES IT IS!! Now I just hope Marlene and the kids aren't stuck in Miami much longer! It has been a loooong day! About the time I got this news my mom called...her car was on fire IN the garage which is attached to the house!! Lotsa praying today...LOL!

5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Marlene and the kids are in the air!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sounds like El Pichincha blew again. Going for a look, thanks Cin. Best to them all. [​IMG]

Nope, Tungurahua - at least it's not in the city of Quito proper. I still have "family" and close friends there.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Nope it was Tungurahua! Also, had another in Guatemala blow and caused air traffic to shut down. Forget the name of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by