Urgent prayer request My best friend was in a wreck! **UPDATED**

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cindiloohoo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My best friend was in a car wreck around 6 this afternoon. She slid off the road on some ice. Her arm is broken above the elbow, and her face is very swollen. She hit her face on the steering wheel. At the moment she is being airlifted to another larger local hospital for overnight observation. I have her two kids here with me now. Last I heard she couldn't answer the question "Who is the current president" so, I'm not sure what that means exactly, but would appreciate if you guys would keep her in your prayers tonight. All of the family went to the hospital to stay tonight, and I have her son, who is 15 and autistic. It has been very hard to get him to understand what is going on with his mom. He's not a happy camper under stress OR without either parent here! So he's in a bit of a rough spot too. Please pray for him as well. Thank you!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Prayers sent and good wishes for you too!

3. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Thank you so much!!

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] for everyone in this stressful time. [​IMG]

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Father God, we lift up Cindiloohoo's friend (we know YOU know her better than any of us!) before You. We ask You to bring swift healing of all injuries, both physical and emotional, and we ask You to bring peace and reassurance to her family, most of all making Your Presence real to them. For this lady's autistic son, we ask that You, in the way only You can do, wrap Your arms around him and bring a calmness and peace to him, enabling him to deal with the current situation. We ask for strength and grace for Cindiloohoo, and for peace as well. We thank You, Lord, and we know You hear us when we pray. We ask these things in the Name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cindiloohoo - I am so so sorry. I will say a prayer for her and her child . Thanks for being there to care for the child. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  7. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Thanks all! I'm so worried. I haven't heard hardly anything!! Does anybody know why she wouldn't be able to answer simple questions? That's concussion right? I expect that, I just hope it's not something worse. I don't know if that's unusual or not with concussions...?? SHE called me first, but after that it's like she just slipped out of it. SOOO nerve racking!

8. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    How is your friend, is she okay? I hope she is, that is scary!!

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope your friend will be ok.Prayers for a speedy healing!

10. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    Prayers and [​IMG]!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by