Urgent question! Broody left 3 eggs and moved on to care for chicks

Lorus6

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 22, 2013
East Texas
I have had 9 eggs under my first time broody for 21 days today. She has hatched out 6 chicks in the last 16 hours and has now moved on to teaching them to eat and drink and keeping them warm. There are 3 eggs left in her nest and she is no longer sitting on them. I have an incubator - should I move them to the incubator or leave them be? It is around 90 degrees today, will they hatch if left alone?

I did not candle them. I am scared to move them enough to determine if they are peeping or pipped. But if they are just going to die - I would love to try to save them.

I'd love some advice!

I have had 9 eggs under my first time broody for 21 days today. She has hatched out 6 chicks in the last 16 hours and has now moved on to teaching them to eat and drink and keeping them warm. There are 3 eggs left in her nest and she is no longer sitting on them. I have an incubator - should I move them to the incubator or leave them be? It is around 90 degrees today, will they hatch if left alone?

I did not candle them. I am scared to move them enough to determine if they are peeping or pipped. But if they are just going to die - I would love to try to save them.

I'd love some advice!

move them... I jut moved 5 eggs from a broody who I believe killed a chick... I took my egg basket out and just picked them up and placed them in.. remember, momma hen gets up for awhile everyday so I knew they would be fine, walked back into the house and set them in my already running incubator with a dozen eggs on day 16, used my little LED flashlight to make sure they were positioned right and saw movement .. Go up this morning to alot of chirping, just went and checked and one of her eggs has piped!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom