Urgent question please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenkeepr, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Chickenkeepr

Chickenkeepr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Watertown, NY
    I got 11 replacement hens from a local woman yesterday. 7 of them immediately went back due to lice (bald bottoms, one was extremely red and swollen..maybe asceites?) 2 had favus, 3 (including the 2 with favus) has scaly leg mites, and one was sneezing, gurgling when she was breathing. I'm kicking myself for not paying more attention at her "farm". I did not have a place to quarantine so they did get put in with my 4 current hens (who have NEVER had any of these issues). All are now gone except for 2 that looked very healthy, one that has a small bare patch on her bum and has been dusted for lice (along with all others) and a 10 week old barred rock. Should I treat them all for coccidiosis (a girl got some 2 weeks ago from this woman and they had it) and respiratory infections? Or should I wait it out and see what happens?

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

i'd wait and see what happens

3. Chickenkeepr

Chickenkeepr Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2015
    Watertown, NY
    Well, the youngest pullet (now 11 weeks) started with bloody poop this morning so will start Corid with her this afternoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by