Urgent quick question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wolfandfinch, Dec 3, 2013.

1. wolfandfinch

wolfandfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    I'm putting my eggs on lockdown today. I took them all out to take out the turner and fill up the second moat. I put down some towels to out the eggs on to help if any hatch so they're not walking on the wire. The towels have sopped up some if the water and are moist. Do I need to get them out it can the eggs sit in wet towels? I only closed it up 10 minutes ago so I assume it's ok to open it up one more time but I'm really afraid of chilling them considering they were just out long enough to candle 18 eggs. I have to leave the preschool ASAP so need to make a choice right away. Help! And thanks!

2. ThaiDye

ThaiDye Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    So Cal
    Is your incubator forced fan? If so, it will dry the towels. Sometimes add a wet sponge during hatch if it's taking too long & I want to spike the humidity. You should be fine

3. wolfandfinch

wolfandfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    It is. I was worried about infection through the shell, but your right, as long as it's not still touching a trough it should be ok to dry quickly. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by