Urgent! Roo Got Attacked By Other Roo! He's Half Dead! Help!

flightfeather21

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 28, 2011
OH MY GOODNESS!

My RIR roo Attacked the cornish/cochin roo and the cornish/cochin one is half dead!
ONE EYE IS POKED OUT
hit.gif

His comb is bleeding... most of his head feathers are out!

HE is going to DIE if I don't do something!
Help me please!!!
(Say anything but culling him
hit.gif
)

HELP!

I'll post pics ASAP!

Last edited:

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
I had same happen to my roos they beat the #[email protected]% out of each other Im sure you seperated already take warm wash cloth clean up best you can Get some neosporin on there wounds and maybe some sugar water or yougurt Good luck it awful to see I know how your feeling

SunnyCalifornia

Songster
9 Years
Oct 8, 2010
Escondido CA
A friend of mine worked for Animal control, and in the course of her job, learned what cock fighters do for their birds after fights... when my hen was injured, she gave me the following advice: feed bread soaked in milk, and banana.

I'd also use some vitamins, and electrolytes. Keep calm and separated. I think most antibiotic ointments are fine as long as there is not pain ingredients in there.

Best wishes to your roo for a full recovery!

bburn

Songster
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Delaware, Arkansas
I am so sorry. But my experience has been that when they reach breeding age they will start fighting. I had three at the end and once it started I started separating. They had gotten a long fine up to that point. Earlier there were 7 RIR roosters that had been removed from the flock and they fought among themselves until they went to freezer camp.

It is upsetting!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom