URGENT sick duckling!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jenniemig, Feb 13, 2014.

1. jenniemig

jenniemig Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I started a new thread hoping to get more responses. I just picked them up, they've been in shipping since Monday at 4p.m. 1 was DOA, 1 is VERY sick, and 2 seem OK.

The healthier 2 are drinking and trying to eat. The 1 duck one is laying down, labored breathing, and will not move much. I have attempted to hydrate with little drops of water. She swallows some, but bubbles some out of her nose. I am afraid I am going to make things worse by force feeding her water. She feels VERY thin and her little feet are shriveled up, I'm assuming because she is so dehydrated.

Note: I have Quick Chick in the water.

Please, I need advice ASAP!

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    jenniemig, I saw your update on the other thread. Sad about losing the two. There is nothing I can say to make it better.

[​IMG]

Keep up with lukewarm water for the other two, I would give them a little food, crumbles moistened to oatmeal consistency, just a tiny bit at first - they are hungry, and I would not want them to gorge themselves. Those are my thoughts, anyway, start them off carefully. You have the sav-a-chick or gro-gel or similar, so keep using that today.

I pray the other two make it, and have a long healthy life with you.

3. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    X2

4. jenniemig

jenniemig Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by