Urget! Dog has small holes in skin!!! UPDATE

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
Well, i just noticed today, that my 8 pound Min Pin Roxy had these two small holes on her left front leg. So I saw this little green packet, and I gently applied pressure, and green, and yellow puss like stuff came out. I mean, quite a bunch of it. Well, i cleaned it with peroxide. The holes are very tiny. They are about .5 to 1 inch apart. Almost like a snake bite. Im thinking maybe she got bit by something, and has an infection.

So, I called the vet and made an appt. for 2:40pm today.

Did you dog every have anything like this?

I also have 3 cats. The 1 cat is about 9 months old, and sometimes swats at her, so maybe she got her with her nails.

I feel like im going to puke. It was the nastiest thing I have seen.

Last edited:
Your doing the best thing by taking her to the vet. She probably needs antibiotics. Here in Texas they have a vaccine you give to your dogs for rattlesnake bites. I had a dog once that was bitten by a snake, a venomous one, and her face and mouth swelled up huge. She made it.

It sounds like it could be a snake bite. Peroxide was a good move to help draw out any infection. I would also put antibiotic ointment on it. My dog came in last year with two puncture wounds on her nose...one hole went through her nose so she would whistle when she breathed. It was horrible. We found out that a baby raccoon had bit her. The worst part was that she was hit by a car two days later and killed.

I am sure your min pin will be just find. Keep us posted.

Whenever she goes outside Im with her, and she is always on a leash, so I never saw anything get bit her.

I think maybe she was playing with the kitten, and she got her with her nails by accident. Since it was green, I think the vet will give me some antibiotics.

Last edited:
I am thinking along the lines of snake bite also. We have a cat that came home one day last fall with similar wound. Went in and found out most likely snake had bit him back. He was put on antibiotics for a couple of weeks and was good as new. Good luck.

I hardly ever see snakes around here though. The only snakes we see once in a while are garter snakes.

3 days ago, she was outside in our pool area, and got stung by a couple wasps. Maybe it got her there to, and is causing an infection.

I had a kitten once that got bit by this kind of fly...... I don;t remember what it was called as I have tried to forget... but it bites and lays an egg and the maggot grows inside the wound until it hatches out
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
But, if they are spaced like that... could be a bite.

Back
Top Bottom