US Thunderbirds...we went.... PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by texaschickmama, Oct 11, 2008.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I am dieing here. The US Thunderbirds are going to be at the air show in Ft. Worth today and tomorrow. He has a stomachache and does not want to go. I have begged him, isn't he the one that is supposed to be begging me to go?

On the other hand, I used to live around Ramstein AFB in Germany, we were stationed there just 2 yrs after that awful air show accident. I guess we are staying home, ....sighs.....

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Aww. I'm sorry you don't get to go. That would be an awesme thing to see. Maybe he will feel better by tomorrow and you can go then. [​IMG]

3. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    UGGGGGGGG, he just won't relent. I guess we are not going.

I did take him to the dr on Thurs to see about this tummy issue we have been having. He gave Prevacid (sp) and told me to give a maalox tablet to chew and see if that works. So far, no relief. It's not like he is doubled over in pain, but it is a constant little ache. I don't know, it's frustrating that I can't help him. Oh, by the way, that prescription would have been $181 if we didn't have ins, now it is only $72, what a bargain. I got to the CVS to pick it up and just about passed out at the price. I made them call the dr back to get something else, the doc said just come back to the office we have samples that I can give you. YEAH. I hope it starts to work, I'm worried about him. Maybe a nervous stomach, who knows.

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Wow, we went to see the Blue Angels in Atlanta a few years ago. The were SO cool. My DH and his family were stationed in Ramstein, but about 35 years ago! They were also in Abilene, anywhere near you?

5. zimmy987

zimmy987 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2008
    How far are your from El Paso? My son is stationed at Ft Bliss!

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:how old is your son? does he have trouble with sinuses or allergies?

the reason i ask is i had alot of stomach trouble, well still do if i have a sinus drip. it irritates the lining of my stomach. the dr. finally figured out what was, it took about 2 weeks though.

sorry your son feels bad, i know as a mom you hate to see them hurt. :aww

i grew up as a air force brat and remember the air shows! i know how you feel begging him to go! i would be the same way! [​IMG]

wendy

7. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I am in North Texas about 40 miles NW of Cowtown. Ft Worth in case you don't know that is what we call it. [​IMG]

We did end up going to see them. My son's best friend came with us and his stomachache was better for the time, so we went. AWESOME. Just makes you want to chant USA, USA, USA, USA, well you get the picture. I will post pics soon, I have a pip I'm trying to deal with right now. [​IMG]

8. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    texaschickmama, I'm sooo glad your boy felt better, hope it continues. The sinus suggestion is something to look into, DH and DD both have that issue, especially this time of year (ragweed, cedar and fungus). I think we're going to the airshow tomorrow- can't wait! We used to live near I-35 and 1709, so we got 1/2 the show free when they'd turn around from the longer formations/stunts. Awesome to watch. We're going to the State Fair on monday -- corny dogs and fried twinkies and turkey legs here we come!

9. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    My DD had acid reflux really bad and had to take Prevacid twice a day for a year when she was 5. Since then, it seems to be alot better. Doesn't bother her much.

They put her in the hospital and did a 24 hr. PH test. She had acid reflux over 100 times, they said.

10. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    glad you got to go. hope he continues to improve!

yeah, i hear you about wanting to chant usa, usa!! i tottally agree when you get to see stuff like that! [​IMG]

wendy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by