usda approved poultry cleaning place

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Burger Bob, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Burger Bob

Burger Bob Out Of The Brooder

Does anyone know of a USDA approved facility that will process your meat birds for you in or round Tangipahoah Parish? Or anywhere in Louisiana will do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Burger Bob

2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  3. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. Burger Bob

I tried using the website above to find a slaughter house located in Louisiana for processing chickens that I grow and raise on my own small hobby farm, but didn't know how to download app. Can you give me some help? it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bobby Breaux

5. Burger Bob

6. MeepBeep

Depending on your phone go to the the Google Play store or the itunes store and search for an app called 'USDA MPI Directory'

Note, this list provides all USDA licensed facilities, most are large commercial processing plants you will have to sort through the list and make some phone calls to find the ones that is in the business of outside processing...

7. Burger Bob

I don't have a fancy phone that can do things like that. Can I do it on my laptop?

8. MeepBeep

You could with an emulator, but that is beyond the scope of this forum... There is a list on that site, organize by state and start scrolling down until you get to LA and start taking notes and calling... I just recommend the app because you can easily sort by zipcode, city or state...

9. Burger Bob

Thank you so much and have a blessed day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by