USDA/NASS survey

Campine

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 17, 2012
Anyone else participate in the annual USDA/NASS agriculture census/survey? I have for years and usually don't mind spending a few minutes filling it out.
This year I spaced it out and got a letter in the mail from Cynthia Clark. The letter was pretty rude in my opinion and repeatedly stated that "it is illegal" not to participate in the survey, also written in large bold face letters on the envelope.
I don't appreciate being threatened and I told them so in an equally blunt manner.

Well yes, technically you are required by law to fill out the ag census. However, I believe the fine for not doing so is $100.00 and I know a few people, who also don't appreciate the threats nor being told it's required, and therefore refuse to fill out the form and just pay the fine.

I've always filled it out and sent it in but I agree, I don't appreciate the threatening follow up letters either! In my opinion, they are asking for an awful lot of very detailed info that requires a fair amount of time for me to collect. So they better at least be nice about it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom