1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Is there any way to make sure there are not user names which are the same as others? Or VERY close?

Of course, my BYC username is Rare Feathers Farm but my website is www.rarefeathers.com

There is a new user with RareFeathers and I don't want people confusing us....

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We don't usually police this because it is usually very rare that two members, both with similar usernames, end up posting a lot / being really active on the forum enough that it causes confusion.

If for some reason two usernames do cause confusion, we suggest that the two members kindly discuss it via PM and try to work it out. If either wants a username change, we are willing to do so.

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thanks. I just wanted to check...I am on here a lot and it is the name of my business as well. I noticed this before and just was reminded because I saw another post...

4. redfeather

redfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    I'm still bummed out that when I joined someone already had "my" username. It hurts even more that they haven't posted for over 2 years.... and I still can't have the name because they have it. [​IMG] ( Nightshade )

5. anitalogan

anitalogan Out Of The Brooder

Quote:I am wondering how you know that they hadn't posted in over 2 years? Am I stupid or just boring for using my name as my username?[​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I am wondering how you know that they hadn't posted in over 2 years? Am I stupid or just boring for using my name as my username?[​IMG]

Actually, their last post was 10/31/2009.

Anita, if you click on User List in the blue bar above you can search for a name and see if it's taken, how active a person is, topics begun, posts made, etc. Or, you can click on someone's username in a thread and go right to thier Profile page.

Try it on my name! [​IMG]

7. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I would be so mad it my name wasnt available and the person that had it hadnt posted in forever. I was reading through the names and almost all of the people were New Eggs with a few posts or people with absolutely NO posts. Maybe a year of inactivity should result in being deleted of the username or somehting for the peeps thatll actually post with it. Anyway, sorry to hear, Nightshade [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by