uses for DE (new? is this right kind)?

birdbrain2

Songster
11 Years
Dec 25, 2008
belleville, IL.
does anyone know of a link to a list for all the uses of DE. i know the basics i think, but wanted to find as much info as possible. i just found a local supplier. yeah!!

updated question:
ok i picked it up today at a feed store. it does not say food quality.
the brand: red lake earth.
diatomaceous earth with calcium bentonite (not sure about this part)
OMRI listed (organic materials review inst.)
for: dogs cats cows chickens horses goats etc
i think it said use less than 2% in diet.
so do you think this kind will be ok? i am not to familiar with calcium bentonite. anybody else using this kind.

Last edited:
DE = Diatomaceous Earth. If you type it in the search engine on the bottom of the home page it will give you several listings. The first link will hook you up with shadow ridge donkeys website and it has an incredible listing that has all the benefits, doses and uses for DE. I absolutely love it and use it not only in my coop to help battle pests and for the deep litter method, but in my home also. If you're considering using it, this read is a must.

I put it in my yogurt once a week, in the dog and cat food, in the chicken food and litter. I also sprinkle it in the very back of my kitchen and pantry to keep bugs out.

The first link will hook you up with shadow ridge donkeys website and it has an incredible listing that has all the benefits, doses and uses for DE.

I put it in my yogurt once a week, in the dog and cat food, in the chicken food and litter. I also sprinkle it in the very back of my kitchen and pantry to keep bugs out.

thanks ya'll, thats what i was looking for.
i never noticed the google search tool on the home page.......awsome
clap.gif
bow.gif

DE is very useful for some sorts of pests, and can help dry and cut the exoskeletons of bugs to effectively kill them without using toxic chemicals and pest killers.

Be careful when applying it; you won't want to breathe it in.

Last edited:
ok i picked it up today at a feed store. it does not say food quality.
the brand: red lake earth.
diatomaceous earth with calcium bentonite (not sure about this part)
OMRI listed (organic materials review inst.)
for: dogs cats cows chickens horses goats etc
i think it said use less than 2% in diet.
so do you think this kind will be ok? i am not to familiar with calcium bentonite. anybody else using this kind

Quote:
this is calcium bentonite not sodium bentonite which is used for ponds. the packaging is labeled for anti-caking in feed, so is edible.
but not sure what the calcium bentonite is for.

Back
Top Bottom