Dog Kennel Coop/Run

My sister has a 10x10 dog kennel as a run for her four hens.
She hasn’t had issues with predators, but she does lock them in a secure coop at night.
At the very least I would cover the bottom few feet with hardware cloth to prevent raccoons from reaching through and grabbing a chicken.

I have 2 California Grays which are a cross between a Barred Rock and Leghorn. They look like your birds; however mine are not very common.
I have 2 Cali Whites (Grey rooster w Leghorn hen) they look like the leghorn with a few dark specs. They lay very light cream colored eggs.

Are youre from a Barred rock Rooster and Leghorn hen?

I have 2 Cali Whites (Grey rooster w Leghorn hen) they look like the leghorn with a few dark specs. They lay very light cream colored eggs.

Are youre from a Barred rock Rooster and Leghorn hen?
I think so because the feathers look like the Barred Rock but body similar to the leghorn. They are very friendly.

I was going to build my coop inside the kennel but decided to build one outside of the run and connect it via a covered bridge.
I think it worked about better as I have, what I feel to be, a very secure coop for them at night.

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

I’m not 100% sure. My husband said it’s not level. We don’t officially live there yet and I’m just making plans for the move.

Back
Top Bottom