using a french blue copper maran roo to create sex link chicks?

Bluhen

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 30, 2014
is it possible to use my BCM roo over a barred rock to get sex link chicks? right now i have a buff orpington i think will work, but i also have a really nice young BCM cockerel that i would love to keep and use if its possible. he came from a B/B/S group of chicks. i can only find information on using a black copper maran, so i wasnt sure if a blue would work or not.

A blue rooster will work nicely. over a black hen you'll get 50/50 black and blue offspring. You'll still be able to see the head spot easily on a blue chick...here's a pic of some of my blue sex links as chicks. Female on the left, male on the right.

you could also put him over cuckoo Marans hens to get dark egg laying sex links.

A blue rooster will work nicely. over a black hen you'll get 50/50 black and blue offspring. You'll still be able to see the head spot easily on a blue chick...here's a pic of some of my blue sex links as chicks. Female on the left, male on the right.

you could also put him over cuckoo Marans hens to get dark egg laying sex links.

Back
Top Bottom