1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Using duck eggs to make noodles

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by LovesAGoodYolk, Feb 28, 2016.

1. LovesAGoodYolk

LovesAGoodYolk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2015
    Iroquois Cnty IL
    Has anyone every used duck egg yolks for making homemade noodles? I am just wondering if there would be a significant difference from chicken yolks. Thanks.

2. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I wouldn't think so, just would make a bigger batch, I know duck eggs make cakes rise higher, maybe they are richer than a chicken egg. I'm glad someone knows how to make noodles, my grandmother taught me when I was about 12 and I live in Ga and anyone I ask around here never have had or has made homemade noodles before, they make dumplings which are noodle like and I make dumplings that are light and airy fluffy yummy good lol, the bisquick kind, do you make them like that? My grandmother was from Michigan/Jersey area so maybe that makes the difference since I see your in the north. My mother was from Oregon and dad was from Michigan, I was born in the south but not Ga, a transplant, love it here though.

3. LovesAGoodYolk

LovesAGoodYolk Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2015
    Iroquois Cnty IL
    Yes, duck eggs are much richer, which is why I thought maybe they would make an awesome noodle. Noodles and dumplings are not remotely the same thing. Homemade noodles are a treat. And yes, I do like fluffy dumplings on rare occasion.

4. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    If you go down south and they ask if you want dumplings it will be noodles

5. brucewayne

brucewayne Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2016
    I'm replying because I want to follow this thread. Try it! I would love to know the results. Post some pictures too! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by