casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
I have been seeing a lot of posts where people have been using too little or too much of a medication or a pesticide, so I thought it might be helpful to start this thread.

The three most recent were Corid Powder, Tylan Soluble Powder, and 0.5% Spinosad (Captain Jack's and Monterey Insect Spray).

Check back for updates

I look forward to you spreading some much needed information.

When I dewormed my birds I kept reading about the .25/.5 cc dosage recommendations. Well, I opted to actually weigh all 50 of my birds and for about 10 that dosing was accurate but for the rest it was not.

Might be better as an article, that you can edit to keep it succinct and clear, and link to other threads, so stuff doesn't get lost in the inevitable chat that will happen?
Perhaps some day I will turn it into an article, but for now I will just edit post #1 as I go.

I look forward to you spreading some much needed information.

When I dewormed my birds I kept reading about the .25/.5 cc dosage recommendations. Well, I opted to actually weigh all 50 of my birds and for about 10 that dosing was accurate but for the rest it was not.
I am so glad you mentioned this. I think when the people that started the 1/4 & 1/2 cc dose they weren't thinking about the smaller and larger breeds, that and they didn't understand what dosing in mg/kg meant.

My smallest banties weigh 250 grams and my largest ones weigh 1000 grams.

I am so glad you mentioned this. I think when the people that started the 1/4 & 1/2 cc dose they weren't thinking about the smaller and larger breeds, that and they didn't understand what dosing in mg/kg meant.

My smallest banties weigh 250 grams and my largest ones weigh 1000 grams.

Exactly. There is a big difference between my Sebrights and bantam Brahma, and in large fowl I have sizes from a Hamburg to a black Giant. Those recommendations are just wayyyy too general. Even for my barred rock that dosing was too low, and that is a very common breed that, under these recommendations, would be getting underdosed.

Back
Top Bottom