USP RANT!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rizq, May 8, 2009.

1. rizq

rizq Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Okay, I ordered a Brinsea Eco on Wednesday, they got it shipped out that day, UPS has scheduled delivery for today ... I double checked the address (because I was not sure the rep had it right) and everything checked out. Since I had a confirmed ship date I ordered some eggs ... due to arrive tomorrow.

I checked the track this morning and it says out for delivery. YAY! Everything on schedule, as usual. Well, I checked a few minutes ago (because I am eternally impatient) and it says EXCEPTION! OMG!!! The exception is that they need a valid street number in order to deliver. I think maybe I am crazy and once again check the email FROM UPS that shows my correct address.

I call UPS customer service and she reads off the wrong delivery address. I tell her that is NOT my address and that it is NOT the information that was entered for shipping. So looks and the original address is my correct address. Come to find out that for some unknown reason the driver changed the address and tried to deliver to the wrong street (thank God that street does not have a 210 address or someone else would have my freakin bator!!!!). He delivers here quite a bit, it is not like our address is unknown to him ... in fact, he was here yesterday and I said "see you tomorrow I have another package coming" before he left!!!! WHY?!?! I could pick it up tonight at a town about an hour from me ... but I cannot take my van that far right now, it has a separated cord in the tire and is not safe for highway driving until the get the tires changed [​IMG] I tell her that as badly as I need that package TODAY (I stressed several times that it was important for me to receive this particular package on time) I cannot drive to the center (which I would probably get lost trying to find anyway). She says they will redeliver on Monday ... I again stress TODAY. She says that she will have the center call me within the hour (my UPS driver is due anytime between now (6:00) and 7:00 ... calling me by 6:51 p.m. is probably not going to do it because he may already be heading back to the center, thus lessening my chances of being able to get it NOW).

I am so ANGRY [​IMG] Why when you have the CORRECT address on a package does the driver decide he is going to try to deliver it to a completely different street???!!!

[​IMG] I would bet you cannot tell how angry I am about this [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Well, it was not our driver. At least I do not have to be mad at him. They even tried to deliver it to the wrong town and the driver is already almost back to the center. She is trying to help and find some way to get it here but I cannot get any less mad, even though she is being really nice. It is not her fault, I am not made at her. But who the snot changed the address on the package to a different town? What makes them think I do not know my own freaking address.

Okay ... I am not getting any less angry here. Going to go find something else to do until she calls back and hope she can fix it.

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I once ordered something and paid like $20 to ship it UPS (because it was heavy) and I STILL had to go pick the darn thing up at their little office. I really felt like I got cheated, after as much as I paid to have it delivered to my front door [​IMG]

4. they always set our packages on the main hwy until the supervisor got tired of hearing from an old woman shouting at him.It has taken us 10 years to get the P.O. to deliver on our street since only 4 family's live out here, and he had to go down a side road.I think the only thing that changed was my DH ordered a guitar and they left it on the highway, and I was one mad woman when I go to the P.O. shortly there after they moved our mail boxes to our little side street. marrie [​IMG]

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I ordered some skechers shoes for my son around Christmas time and the Fed Ex driver left it hanging on the metal post on the neighbors driveway gate. Which is over 125 feet from their house and about 8-10 foot away from the passing cars.

I called them because the tracking said it was delivered and I told them not to me. They then proceeded to tell me that it was left on the porch!!???!!

This really bugs me because I have green reflective address signs on the fence by my driveway. They are on both sides so you can see them coming and going down the road.........

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

pips&peeps :

I ordered some skechers shoes for my son around Christmas time and the Fed Ex driver left it hanging on the metal post on the neighbors driveway gate. Which is over 125 feet from their house and about 8-10 foot away from the passing cars.

I called them because the tracking said it was delivered and I told them not to me. They then proceeded to tell me that it was left on the porch!!???!!

This really bugs me because I have green reflective address signs on the fence by my driveway. They are on both sides so you can see them coming and going down the road.........

Incidents like this can be attributed to any one of the following:

1. either the driver is just plain lazy OR...

2. The company is using one worker to do the work of 10 and they can't possibly keep up

3. they use temp workers who don't know their hiney from a hole in the ground

4. someone in the office misrouted it thinking *gasp* that THEY know better than you where you live. [​IMG]

7. Drivegirl54

Drivegirl54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Winder, GA
    Last year we paid a ton to have something overnighted through them. It was super important for it to get there the next day and we were assured it would be here in time. We got the same thing- exception and invalid address. We've lived here for 5 years, and they come out here every other day. The address they had was correct. All it boiled down to was that the driver (not our normal one) didn't want to come all the way out here to deliver it on a Friday afternoon [​IMG]

8. rizq

Oct 9, 2008
    Tennessee
    Quote:This is what happened in my case. Then they tried to blame it on Brinsea saying they entered the address in wrong so the system did not recognize it. I guess they think I am stupid. It was correct in their shipping confirmation email that came directly from UPS, not brinsea. And even if they HAD entered it in wrong (UPS said it was because they abbreviated cove to CV ... showed up cove in the email, however) WHY would they send it to a barely similar (and nonexistant) address in a different town??? If there system did not recognize our address that they ship to all the time, why did it accept an address that does not exist? And why to a completely different town with a different zip? Then to call me back to "explain" and blame it on the shipper ... that was too much. She should have left it alone, she just made me more angry. At least take a little responsibility for what happened. I wanted to ask her who was going to pay for the $30 worth of eggs if they did not hatch because they now have to sit for an additional 4 days! I did not, because it obviously was not her personal error and there is no sense in ruining her day because someone else screwed up and she did try to help by trying unsuccessfully to find someone to bring it to my town since I could not go get it. I know I should have waited with the eggs because there is always a chance of something happening, but I have always gotten stuff on the ship date ... apparently now I no longer know where I live so I will have to be more careful.

If there was a reasonable cause for the delay I would be very disappointed, but I could accept it. But this idiocy is STILL boiling my blood. They screwed up, they should have fixed it..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by