USPS flocks to the rescue

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mailmamm, May 24, 2010.

1. mailmamm

mailmamm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Rainier WA
    I know that many people have had bad things happen when shipping thier birds. Today I received my Postal Update magazine and it had a great story about a misdirected bird.

The prize winning show bird was being shipped from California to TN and because of a bad zipcode it ended up in Sioux Falls SD. The weather had taken a turn for the frozen and no birds could be sent because of this. So the employees at the distribution center called the owner and made arrangements for the special feeding and care of the hen while she was grounded there. She eventually made it to her warmer destination but it could have been much worse if these employees had not opened their hearts to care for Rosie.

Not all shipping issues are this good but remember always use the correct zipcode and always use a good phone number. We can only do whats best if we have all the information.

Alice in Washington State.

2. Sallyschickens

Sallyschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Puget Sound Baby!
    I love stories like that!

Thanks for sharing!

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I love our post office! My mail carrier is always so careful.

Once I had an egg order come in on a late truck (after the day's mail had gone out). The postal worker looked my phone number up in the phone book to tell me my eggs had arrived. Did I want to pick them up or have them delivered the next day? I was so pleased that she took that extra step because we were going out of town the next day and I wouldn't have gotten my eggs for days!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by