USPS is NOT my friend WAHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horseyjess, Mar 21, 2011.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ordered a bunch of different eggs for more of a test run. Was really looking foward to the Goose egg [​IMG]. USPS took 3 days to long to ship. USPS Gave a deilvery date of 3/18 they got here 3/21. Then they musta droped the box kicked it around then sent it here [​IMG]. Shipper packed pretty good and sent out on 3/15 and grrrrr. Now I wonder if any of the rest will hatch after these looking like this [​IMG] [​IMG]:hit I am new to the incubator thing and USPS has been behind before but never this long or have they scrambled the eggs so bad. I have got 10 batches counting this one in the mail this year so far [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    That's just terrible. [​IMG]

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    No bubble wrap?
    Ouch....

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    See? That's why I hate to see eggs packaged in an egg carton. They just do not make it. Two-Three days for USPS delivery is normal for Priority Mail, so I don't think it was the USPS's fault here. It is the seller's fault for not packaging them well for shipping.

5. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    so sorry about your eggs. i also got some in the mail that looked like that. there were 5 that were intact so i'm giving them a shot but it's so disappointing. [​IMG]

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG!

That's the way I've gotten several and bubble wrap doesn't help. There are lots of ways to package and when the seller has shipped enough they figure out how to make anything work.

I've gotten all types of packaging and if done right and unpackaged right there's never been a problem.

I got a box that literally was folded top to bottom on one side. I got 3 BOs to hatch. I had another breed too, but they pipped and died. They were weak though and didn't make it past 2 couple of weeks, but I did get them to hatch. I've had others look like your eggs and still had chicks hatch, so there's always a chance.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  7. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Well the Goose egg was in bubble wrap.. Then the egg cartons were in the box with a ton of shedded paper and packing peanuts... Just hope the others arent to scrambled...

8. buchette

buchette New Egg

Sep 10, 2010
    Poor packaging in my opinion.

9. NCSprout

NCSprout Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2010
    Sophia, NC
    They got me too on my last order. It was packed in what i would consider a superb way, bubble wrapped and packed in with enough paper that i wouldn't have thought they had space to move. The seller def knew what they were doing. Unfortunately USPS has some rather malicious employees it seems, the box was dented up and it wasn't just your "normal" shipping type of handling. 5 out of 14 were broken, 3 of them to the point where yolk was seen thru the bubble wrap. It's really sad. I know there is a risk for shipped eggs and i don't hold the seller responsible at all. After i determine whether these are still viable, I will try again and hope that the eggs get treated a little better this go round.

10. Wayne&Kim1963

Wayne&Kim1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Covington, OK
    sorry to you getting eggs like that. Most of mine i ordered have been nothing but good so far just 1 or 2 broken here and there. I have geese and don't have extra eggs right now but later if i do can try some to you for shipping. I have never shipped eggs and would like to try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by