USPS Lost my daughter's bantam chicken!

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
UPDATE: "King Miracle" arrived at about 3:00 Pm Tuesday, Feb 12, 2012. The hand written note on the label states delivery 2/9/12 by 5:00 PM. The FedEx label states Atlanta. So yes this bird went from St. Louis, MO to Atlanta to Arkansas.

Last Monday I spoke with Andy Anderson about acquiring another Buff Orpington bantam cockerel for my daughter Nicole. Monday, Feb 11 is her 8th birthday. We worked out the details. I borrowed a shipping box from a friend, printed two labels, glued one label on the box and the other I placed inside for the return trip.

All was well. Andy received the box a day after the guarantee date on Thursday. We spoke and since it was guaranteed overnight I said ship it. Here is what the on-line tracking has stated since Thursday evening.

Track & Confirm

YOUR LABEL NUMBER

SERVICE

STATUS OF YOUR ITEM

DATE & TIME

FEATURES

Express Mail
00ae.png

Depart USPS Sort Facility

February 07, 2013

SAINT LOUIS, MO 63155

Guaranteed By:
February 11, 2013, 3:00 PM
Hold for Pickup
Proof of Delivery

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

February 07, 2013, 7:07 pm

SAINT LOUIS, MO 63155

Dispatched to Sort Facility

February 07, 2013, 5:08 pm

MOUNT CARMEL, IL 62863

Acceptance

February 07, 2013, 12:02 pm

MOUNT CARMEL, IL 62863

Electronic Shipping Info Received

February 04, 2013

https://www.usps.com/

The rabbit trail I was sent on has took me to all points possible, including Atlanta. I have spoken to USPS employees in every possible location it could be. A St Louis employee said he thinks they only had one "tag" left, so they tagged it for Atlanta, Georgia. This should have came by truck from St. Louis to Memphis to Little Rock, to Pine Bluff to Monticello, Friday, I was in Little Rock. Set from 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the sort facility waiting for any word. Saturday numerous phone calls were unsuccessful. No one has seen the box or scanned it since 10:30 Thursday in St. Louis.

We have been told that it is now guaranteed by Monday 3:00 PM. That will be 5 days after shipping. Express Overnight is what I paid for! Since it was an overnight, Andy did not provide any apples, fruit etc in the box. We will probably receive a dead bird when and if it ever arrives. I plan on getting some chick vitamin water today and we have some calf manna that we will have ready.

Any ideas on what we can do next?

Here is Nicole with her "King" that we lost in September.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you can do but I'll say this: I used to work at the airport doing freight for United Airlines. We accidentally got shipped a bunch of birds once and we kept them fed and watered until it got sorted out. I think most people are reasonable enough to not just let your birds die based on an error. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom