1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

USPS Really? Where are our Chicks?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MynikaFL, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MynikaFL

MynikaFL Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    So frustrated this evening, we were to receive baby chicks in the mail today sweet little orps and USPS has no idea where they are... Really? I only imagine what those babies are going through. I pray they will reach us and I pray they are ok when they do. So frustrated!

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Were they sent from a hatchery or a private breeder?

3. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Oh no! I know how you feel. When did they ship and from how far away from you??
    I think the term 'tough chick' really is true sometimes. They can take a lot of stress; more
    than we can imagine. I'll be thinking of you and them... please keep us posted [​IMG]

4. MynikaFL

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    They were sent from a private breeder Lav Orps. they were last posted in MO, I am in FL but they were guaranteed by 3:00 today express mail. I am sure they would have been ok, but Monday evening they were last tracked in MO and it doesn't show them leaving there at all. Florida says that they have not come into FL anywhere. Hoping for the best.

5. MynikaFL

Feb 20, 2013
    North Central Florida
    So thankful... the chicks arrived this morning at 7:30 They are all doing absolutely perfect. Chirping from the top of their lungs eating and drinking well. They are so beautiful [​IMG]

6. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sooooo Happy for you!!! Post pics when you can; I'd love to see them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by