USPS screws up yet again

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
moderators please move this to correct subject I couldn't find anything to fit.

A beautiful buff silky was supposed to have arrived in Countryside, IL. (suburb of Chicago) at noon today (Oct.5) she was shipped yesterday from Germantown, New York. I have been tracking every few hours knowing full well the USPS always runs way behind in reporting locations. Well at the last check in they now show this poor thing in Portland, Oregon at 6:18 pm.

I am no whiz at geography but I know Oregon is no where near New York or Illinois. I am such a wreck I am just shaking as I type this. I emailed the shipper but haven't received a response. I don't know what do do about this. Help - any advice, suggestions - please !!!!

She will be fine more than likely. I had a bunch of Columbian cochin chicks get delayed in the mail for 4 or 5 days and they arrived thirsty but fine. It is a bit early to get yourself too stressed out. It won't do you any good.
Deep breath!

I understand fully how you feel and I do not think there is much that can be done. The post office will do nothing to help. It is not the same as a live bird, but they did the same thing with my hatching eggs this past week, they went on a long trip to get to me, an extra 1200 miles and 5 days later I got them. It makes no sense how they can mess up that bad and then say there is nothing we can do to help you.

I suppose with all the mess with the PO and finances things will get worse.

Here in NY they are shutting down processing plants or moving them. North of me in Watertown they use to do they're own but from what I hear they will be doing it in Syracuse which is about 60 to 70 miles south.

Now if I send some one in Syracuse a Priority piece of mail it has to go all the way to Rochester and then come back to Syracuse. First class mail is processed here but Priority and Express are completely different and done at locations farther away.

Airports also have something to do with it I suppose. Depending on what airport services PO mail.

I do hope things will turn out ok.

Rancher

Thank you all for replying. I just called their 800 number customer service line in vain of course. After screaming the tracking numbers at the recording, she said she would check. Then voice comes back as "closed at 8pm.(what time zone ???) I uttered many heartfelt *&%^$$#@ remarks and I suppose the fbi or something was tracing the call.

I'm a bundle of nerves and no chocolate to pacify me.Somebody please slug me so I can sleep tonight and take up the good fight in the morning.

I had an issue with them the other day actually.
I had juvenile chickens sent to me from Florida and I'm in CT.
They were shipped on my birthday the 3rd and they were suppose to get here at 3pm on the 4th....so 3pm came and went and still no phone call.
I then call them and find that they aren't even in my state yet and didn't know where they were cuz the tracking never updated! O_O
I was freaking out, i thought they were going to die. I was hysterical i told them to call me as soon as they got there or found out anything.
Then on the 5th at 5:30am i got a call saying they arrived and were alive so i rushed down to the PO to get them.
They were so hungry and thirsty i don't think they would have lasted much longer.
It was an extremely stressful situation but i'm so happy they are ok.
I would contact your post office and stress your concern and how they are "living" and you are concerned about their welfare.
They could call the Oregon PO to tell them to send it to the appropriate state.
Chances are they got on the wrong flight.
Mine got on a late flight which is why they ended up late.
I wish you all the best and hope everything works out for you!

UPS is getting just as screwey. We are supposed to have the largest UPS hub in the nation (that was the PR anyway when they built it years ago). It is within two miles of my home, I pass it daily when I take a fitness walk. When I order something It ends up arriving at Bedford Park, Il. goes to this hub in Hodgkins,IL (right near me) for sorting, then BACK to Bedford Park, to be put on a truck that will pass the hub again while coming to my house. UPS must have hired former postal CEO's or something., to execute such a devious plan.But at least you can track UPS shipments, every place they go, even when they do go haywire.

I am going outside to do deep breathing(as suggested) in the cool night air. I'm getting too hot under the collar.

I've read so many horror stories on BYC about birds/eggs getting shipped to gosh knows where instead of the intended recipient - should have known I'd have my turn come up.

Hello, I had two silkie pullets shipped from NY to MICH., last month. They shipped on monday, and I was called wednesday morning to come p/u from PO. I too was a wreck! I messaged seller, she had put a good amount of canned corn in box. They did FINE! And the PO web NEVER updates their location!

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

The USPS doesn't like Illinois for some reason?? I've had the same problem before but these were sent to all the States around Illinois then to Illinois.

Back
Top Bottom