Usps Will No Longer Guarantee 1 Day On Live Birds!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Charm1704, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    My PO told me this morning that The USPS will no longer guarantee 1 day delivery "EXPRESS" on live birds period...and he said this comes from corporate head quarters!!! I sent a Lavender Roo to Florida.... and it took 2 days...Thank god I made a make shift box in the stall for food, and I cut him up some apple slices...so just beware in the future....they said they WILL NOT GUARANTEE 1 DAY.....no wonder their millions in dept....~Charm1704

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!

2. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    WHOA!! Thats ridiculous!! Why did they just now decide to change it!?! [​IMG]

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Nooooooooooo! I was going to buy some new birds soon, now I will probably try to find some locally.

4. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    they need to have a special branch of USPS that deals exclusively with live animals.

I ordered some salamanders once that took 4 days to arrive due to issues with usps, even though I paid for overnight express.

They did arrive safely, however somehow they had injured themselves. One of them had a missing eye, and another one had a missing toe.

They are still alive and healthy today, but I was so angry at USPS!

5. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:That's horrible! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They haven't in ages. It's guaranteed 2 day, they tell me. Even then, I got refund once when they still didn't get it right, and it took Express Mail 3 days to get from GA to CA.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Delivery on live birds is guaranteed within 3 days. If the package does not deliver or no attempt to deliver is made within 3 days after you ship, then you can get your express postage refunded. So if you ship out Monday at 11am it would have to deliver on Thursday after 11am to be refunded.

Here is the info. http://pe.usps.com/FRN/EM_Refunds_Live_Animals_Final.pdf

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:What?!?!?!
    Only 3 days from GA to CA?? That's crazy! It took 4 days for my birds to get here from OH to IL!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Still, they botched it and we got the entire cost refunded.

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yeah, that stinks.
    usps will probably be a thing of the past soon. [​IMG] owell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by