Usual Silkie Look.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkiedude44, Sep 23, 2009.

1. silkiedude44

silkiedude44 New Egg

Jul 7, 2008
    Hey everyone. Can't really have chickens right now because I still live in the suburbs of J-Town KY. Maybe in the next year or so. I hope this question makes since. Are Silkies natural fluffy? I'm talking about the bearded Silkies. Are both rooster and hens comb and watlles smaller then the non-bearded kind? I look at silkies on youtube all the time and can't ever tell if they have been blow dried or not. How can you tell? Thanks everyone for future answers.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    They look like poodles all the time, unless they're wet of course.

3. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Before Pic:

[​IMG]

BATH TIME.......

After Pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. silkiedude44

silkiedude44 New Egg

Jul 7, 2008
    Wow. I have a toy poodle and he's the cutest little thing. And you say silkies look like that too huh? That's awesome. My poodle also looks weird when he's wet too, so I kinda understand what your saying when they get wet. I can't what to have silkies. I'm gonna get many colors and let them mix the colors up. I just saw a black & white silkie rooster not too long ago. It was very beautiful & cute.

5. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Get chicken diapers, and you can keep Silkies in the house! You might have to try a few until you find one that enjoys being inside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by