Utah anyone?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jefra, Mar 31, 2007.

1. jefra

jefra Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Utah Valley
    Just wondering who my neighbors are.....

I'm in Elk Ridge, Utah County.

hugs!

2. shandea

shandea Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    I'm not from Utah, but I just wanted to say that your photography is absolutely gorgeous! If I did live there, I'd be bringing my family over for a session.

3. jefra

jefra Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Utah Valley
    ROFL shandea! Thanks so much! C'mon over!!!

4. SilverFlame819

SilverFlame819 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2007
    Salt Lake City, UT
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  5. therealshari

therealshari Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Beryl UT
    Hello to all,

I'm Shari, one of four very intrepid "boomer women" living in "the middle of no-where" Beryl, UT. Actually, we're 7 miles from Beryl Junction, and 7 miles from Beryl (the ghost town).

Our first chicks will arrive next week, having ordered 35 assorted heavies (egg layers) from Welp Hatchery.

It's been over 50 years since I last raised and cared for chickens, so this brings back a flood of memories.

I've got a blog started about our little ranchette, where you can see what we're doing. Will get updated pics of our new chicken coop as soon as I finish installing the brooder.

Because we also have 5 dogs and raise bummer lambs, the chicks will be housed in their coop from day one... that means we have to be a little creative to keep them draft-free and cozy.

You can't imagine how many hours I've spent reading this incredibly helpful forum. I'm so glad I found y'all.

Shari in Beryl UT
    Shari's Gone Country

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    i'm up here in northern boxelder county riverside.

7. rrrsmom

rrrsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2007
    salt lake city, Ut
    Get this! I live in downtown Salt Lake City! I am perfectly legal with my 8 hens and I even have to display the permit in my window. But here I am in Utah, across the street from Liberty Park in beautiful downtown Salt Lake City enjoying my backyard chickens!

8. Tinkerchick

Tinkerchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    I found the other Utahns on the other thread also. I'm in Heber. But from Ut. County.

9. rrrsmom

rrrsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2007
    salt lake city, Ut
    anyone in Utah want my roo? I bought 8 hens and I think I ended up with 6 and 2 roo's. I live in salt lake city. I think the one that has started to crow already.... 10 weeks old is a buff polish lace... I'm guessing. I don't really know. The other one is an aurucana and he's white gray and brown but he's only 6 weeks so I'm not sure he's a roo yet, but I have my suspicions. I just want them to have a home. After you get him, you do with him what you want.

10. Tinkerchick

Tinkerchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2007
    Heber City, UT
    I have to hold off on your roo for now. I have 7 babies and I don't know how many roo's I might have yet. I do want one for sure if I don't have any yet. Good Luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by