Utah Chicken Stock? - Help with Agenda...

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by PacsMan, Mar 26, 2009.

1. PacsMan

PacsMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Salt Lake Valley
    Hi, it seems there is some interest in a Utah Chicken stock.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24&p=15

A lot of us are brand new and don't know exactly what goes on at a chicken stock.

Can you guys give us some fun stuff or agenda items that we can try at our first (newbie) chicken stock?

Thanks!
    Marty

2. PacsMan

Feb 8, 2009
    Salt Lake Valley
    Any ideas for kids games?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm subscribe to this so I can see what people come up with. Hopefully the Utah ChickenStock will overlap with our family reunion(s). Hey, I'll gladly ditch the family to see some chicken friends!!!

[​IMG]

4. PacsMan

Feb 8, 2009
    Salt Lake Valley
    Quote:Wait...

Nifty Chicken has family in my little state of Utah!?

Guys guys... look, I think we have a guest speaker!! [​IMG]

YES! We now know ~when~ our first ChickenStock is going to be... (Well, at least we'll know when the Nifty family tells us when they'll be here for family runion(s).)

Do tell Nifty...

Marty

5. kimbobim

kimbobim Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Highland, Utah
    Quote:Wait...

Nifty Chicken has family in my little state of Utah!?

Guys guys... look, I think we have a guest speaker!! [​IMG]

YES! We now know ~when~ our first ChickenStock is going to be... (Well, at least we'll know when the Nifty family tells us when they'll be here for family runion(s).)

Do tell Nifty...

Marty

Let's see... Nifty said on the Utah! thread (p 15) that he would be here in early July for his family reunions. That works for me. Also, maybe we could have flyers at the Tour de Coops on June 27th.

I'm still a little fuzzy on what exactly happens at a Chicken Stock. Do people bring their chickens with them? Is there swapping, show and tell, what? If that's the case, what is done concerning biosecurity? Are these held at someone's house, or at a local park?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Is this only for Northern Utah? What part of the State? Can anyone share details on what happens?

7. kimbobim

kimbobim Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Highland, Utah
    I'm hoping someone will respond to this. I am willing to help, but since I have no idea what happens at a Chicken Stock, I am not volunteering to be in charge [​IMG]. I will bring treats, though. I'm always up for treats.

Is anyone interested in getting together in the next few weeks to plan the actual Chicken Stock? Do we have a date yet? Has Nifty-Chicken told anyone when he will be in Utah? I guess I'm assuming he'll be in the SLC/Northern area - does anyone know for sure?

kimbobim

8. PacsMan

Feb 8, 2009
    Salt Lake Valley
    Naw, he never replied to me. I left him a couple of specific emails with no answer.

Let's plan one anyway. At least we can get a couple of folks together... (we just won't tell Nifty when and where... [wink])

Marty

9. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I'd love to go to a chickenstock, but early July is pretty crazy for me, and I don't live in Northern Utah, so my chances aren't so good. I don't think a chickenstock has been held in Utah for a few years, so you might be asking the wrong people about what usually happens at one. Maybe we need to read threads of plans for other states.

10. PacsMan

Feb 8, 2009
    Salt Lake Valley
    Quote:Or, maybe post a question in the "Chickenstocks, Shows & Swaps" asking what other people do at ChickenStocks.... (big grin)

Marty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by