Uwaaa! So nervous! DX

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HetaChick, Apr 1, 2012.

1. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    I have 2 eggs due today and not a sign of hatching from either. I broke the chicken law this morning by candling because when I put em in lockdown I wasn't all sure they were alive. I saw one move and the other I could still see thick veining so it must be alive (absorbing blood I guess). But I haven't touched them since. Hens aren't perfect either, the day my other brood hatched I only noticed pips after taking my hen back inside!

Anyways I'm super nervous. What started as stick 2 eggs in the bator turned into "oh gosh I'm excited for chicks." the eggs were a little long and weird but developed okay. Of course now with no pips in day 21 I'm nervous but some hatch late right? AAAAHHH I NEED SUPPORT!!!

*runs off to hug my other chick*

Also they are eggs from this weird head tufted (not like araucana tuft) hen (i think she's cool >.>) and a gorgeous white ee/ameraucana roo. I really want to see them hatch T_T

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It is not uncommon for eggs to take a little longer. Temps on the lower end can cause the eggs to develop a little slower. Good luck. :fl

3. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    Thank you. ^^ pretty sure temps are right on but they were definitely alive when I checked earlier just still veiny. So I'll leave em alone with that. I hope my chickies hatch~ ^^

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by