V is for Visitors

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cybercat, Nov 5, 2009.

1. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Anyone catch the new V? I thought it was good and they did change it a bit. I know alot of people remeber that last 2 series that ran in the late 70's and early 80's. So do you think this will last with this new generation that has never seen it?

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I don't think it will last, it's all too familiar so far.

3. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    We used to watch the old series and my boys who were young then figured I was a "V" because I would always wear sunglasses outside. even in winter. I had light sensitive eyes and the reflection off the snow was too bright.

4. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    They were re-running the old 'V' on SyFy this past weekend...or TBS, maybe. It was on, put it that way. I watched a little of it.

Haven't seen the new one yet.

Funniest thing I saw about the old one was how the visitors had all this technology like high-intensity laser gates to keep people contained and whatnot, and when one woman got loose the first thing she did was run to a PAY PHONE. [​IMG] I thought "Yeah, you are hosed if you don't even have cell phones yet." [​IMG]

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Quote:Yup, nothin' makes me giggle and feel old at the same time as watching these once familiar shows and mocking all the old technology. DS about fell off the sofa laughing at 'War Games' - we spent that whole movie catching outdated technology. DS can build a better computer out of broken parts than the ones on that movie. It is weird - pay phones. And now, stirrup pants come back to haunt me... what next?

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I saw it. It was really good!

Nice to see Inara and Wash from Firefly again [​IMG]

The episode will be viewable online on Saturday
    http://abc.go.com/watch

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:That was a good show! [​IMG]

8. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:I am watching it with my family and so far, I am enjoying the series. The woman who is playing Anna is very beautiful.

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    She was pretty as Inara too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:[​IMG] I definately like the long hair she had in Firefly much better than the short hair in V. I love Inara, so I hate that she's a bad guy now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by