Va. - 3 Black Silkies Need New Home -TAKEN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MissPrissy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    On July 7, 2007 we rescued several chickens of various breeds, turkeys, guineas and ducks from horrid conditions. Most were 4 weeks or younger and lived in over crowded cages with filthy water and no sign of food.

The silkies where very tiny. We were told they were 2 weeks old.

My oldest daughter begged us to get them out of the cage they were in and to bring them home. And we did.

They have been fed a wide variety diet of feed, vegetables, breads, scraps, insects, worms, etc. They seem to be happy and healthy.

[​IMG]

They also need a new home.

I have no interest in silkies. I don't like the look of the breed. My daughter has returned to college and working full time and is unable to care for the birds. The job has been left to me.

[​IMG]

In the best of the interest of the birds they need a new home.

I am asking $15 for all three which barely covers the feed they have consumed.

Pick up only. I will not ship.

I live in Orange Co., Va. in easy access fromCulpeper, Fredericksburg or Charlottesville.

Please reply to my email address listed in my profile.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    darn i wish i was near you. they are so cute why dont you like them? [​IMG]

3. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Where are you in virginia? I'm going on a womens retreat with my church and we are going to Virginia, I'm definatly interested.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Thanks, Frazzled, for giving them a new home! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by