Vacations and Chickens

Where in North Carolina are you from?
If you’re close I could help keep an eye on them.
Do they have a run they can spend their day in? Windows in the coop and ventilation? Is their water source protected from them pooping or spilling it?
What kind of feeder do you have?

I do it all the time. I would put feed in several locations that are not going to get rained on., Same for water. I usually try to make sure I have several water jugs - both of these things I do just in case something happens to one of the feeders. ( If you use the large feeders that use pressure to push the feed into the channel... in NC the moister/humidity causes it to clog up. ) on the other hand if you use a feeder where the food tips over, if you have wire, of course all the food is gone. So it makes me feel better to use many feeders and water jugs. f you are leaving one morning, you know they have enough for food for the day you leave, then the next day you are pretty sure there is still some there, the only thing that can happen is the third day.. for ONE day they may not have food, the third day when you get home check them and if they are out you would just feed them. How old are they?

I do it all the time. I would put feed in several locations that are not going to get rained on., Same for water. I usually try to make sure I have several water jugs - both of these things I do just in case something happens to one of the feeders. ( If you use the large feeders that use pressure to push the feed into the channel... in NC the moister/humidity causes it to clog up. ) on the other hand if you use a feeder where the food tips over, if you have wire, of course all the food is gone. So it makes me feel better to use many feeders and water jugs. f you are leaving one morning, you know they have enough for food for the day you leave, then the next day you are pretty sure there is still some there, the only thing that can happen is the third day.. for ONE day they may not have food, the third day when you get home check them and if they are out you would just feed them. How old are they?
8 weeks, thinking about just leaving the coop door open to the covered run with food and water in both locations.

Where in North Carolina are you from?
If you’re close I could help keep an eye on them.
Do they have a run they can spend their day in? Windows in the coop and ventilation? Is their water source protected from them pooping or spilling it?
What kind of feeder do you have?
Large Over EZ waterer and feeder, can't tip over. Yes nice covered run and coop with fan and windows.

Back
Top Bottom