Vaccinating chicks

Your vaccine should have come with complete instructions on administering it. If they are unclear, then it would be best to contact the manufacturer of the vaccine for further instruction.

I was told by a local breeder to vaccinate ncd b1b1 at 1 month, ncd sota at 2 months and at 10 weeks vaccinate for fowl pox, first time for me because I lost a lot of chickens from sickness just starting up again. Bear in mind i'm in the Philippines.

I'm sorry to hear about your losses.

Do you have the packaging that the vaccines came in? Can you ask the local breeder who recommended vaccinating how to administer the vaccines that you have?

I'm trying to find some info for you, so bear with me - it looks like ncd b1b1 and ncd sota are for Newcastles - is that correct? It looks like ncd b1b1 is administered intraocular (in the eye) and ncd sota is administered in the drinking water - but you need to see if you can find the info sheet for the specific vaccine you have in hand to make sure this is correct.

If you have this one - Newcastle Disease Vaccine like NCD B1B1 should be used for young chickens only.
Dosage: One drop of NCD B1B1 in the eye per bird.
NCD La Sota for adult chickens.
Dosage: Follow the instruction in the packaging. If you administer through the drinking water - http://gamecock-apparel-and-supplies.com/product/ncd-b1b1/#_

For Fowl Pox vaccine, all the info I find say administer in the wing web - I found a couple of videos on how to do this, but again, if you have the information sheet that came with the vaccine, that would be great.
https://www.drugs.com/vet/fowl-pox-vaccine.html

Hope that helps
smile.png

Last edited:
I was given this info with no instructions so I didnt purchase it yet this is why i'm asking you guys before I do, thats some good info you gave me thanks Wyorp appreciate it very much. I dont know what diseases he was referring to when he told me what vaccine I should buy, what I will do is go back to him and get more info regarding what diseases he is referring to and how to administer and compare it with the info you have given me Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom