vaccination uk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by toddog, Apr 2, 2011.

1. toddog

toddog Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    hi i am in the uk can any one tell me about vaccination i need for my chicks if any ?[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    best thing for you to do is get online and see if you can find out what type of diseases you have over there and what is suggested for your birds, then make the decision. heres a little something that might help..
    http://www.thepoultrysite.com/diseaseinfo/

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hi there, I'm in the UK too. When I first got chickens and chicks I looked into all what diseases they might get, and what I should vaccinate them against, then I found out that all the vaccines available come in 1000 dose packs and are really intended for big-scale producers. So I've never vaccinated my chicks against anything, and none of them have ever got sick, even when introduced to chickens who came from big hatcheries and had been vaccinated against things.

Might be a good idea to stock up on some basic chicken medicines though, just in case. You can buy Corid (for Coccidiosis) on eBay quite cheaply. I'm not sure what else you might want to have in your chicken first aid kit!

4. toddog

toddog Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    great thanks for that , sos to be dim what is the medicine for that you said i can get from ebay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by