VACCINATIONS RECOMMENDED ???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BEGINNINGCHICKIE, Jul 27, 2008.

1. BEGINNINGCHICKIE

BEGINNINGCHICKIE New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    WE WILL ONLY HAVE 2 CHICKENS, HATCHED AT THE SAME TIME. WE'RE NEW AT THIS AND WAS WONDERING IF VACCINATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED. ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Unless you have diseases in the area where chickens have been before, vaccines are not required. I've never vaccinated my birds and don't plan to unless there is an outbreak in this area.

Also, just a friendly reminder to post in smaller case as all caps is equivalent to yelling in online terms, and please try to post under the right section. I've moved this to raising baby chicks.

3. BEGINNINGCHICKIE

BEGINNINGCHICKIE New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    LOL ! You are only the 2nd person who has ever said "all caps is the equivilent to yelling in online terms, you don't want to know how I responded to the first person" LOL ! Pardon my ONLINE etiquete and thanks for the info.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Figure I'd be the second rather than have to come in to the thread due to a report with someone chewing your head off for the caps. [​IMG]

Good luck with the new fluff balls!

5. BEGINNINGCHICKIE

BEGINNINGCHICKIE New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    That is too funny ! I am crossing my fingers that the eggs will hatch ok and my 2 kids can enjoy raising them from little fur balls. Take it e-z

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm with silkiechicken. I've never vaccinated for anything, at least so far. If you have a fairly closed flock, you may not ever need to vaccinate.

7. BEGINNINGCHICKIE

BEGINNINGCHICKIE New Egg

Jul 27, 2008
    One more question, [​IMG], once the chicks hatch, what do you do with them ? Do you need to wipe them off or anything ? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by