1. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    Can ANYONE PLEASE give me difinitive answers on what to vacinate for and when I can give them these vac.s? I love my 3 week old chicks (Ameraucanna Wheaton Large Fowl). They are not vacinated against anything. I want to give them Mereks, Avian Encephalomyelitis, Fowl Cholera, Laryngotrachetis, Newcastle/infectios Bronchitis. We have wild turkeys, pheasant & quail on property. We are located in Will County Illinois.
    I can not get any bureau either governmental, educational, vet, or 4-H type of organization to give me any answers. We have another farm nearby with free range fowl of differing varieties run by a person who shouldn't own anmals - if you know what I mean - and I have no idea what he may have on his property - disease related. I do know he culls many animals - feathered and hooved. We have mosquitos, wild birds, dogs, feral cats etc. who will carry disease from there to here.
    If you can instruct me what to vaccinate for I will do it fast ( within a day or 3). There seem to be so many experts here. Please help me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by