Vaccine Emergency..........PLEASE HELP

Mrsfoote

Songster
9 Years
Jul 19, 2010
Laurel Montana
What happens if you give a chick to much Merricks Vaccine ....Emergency please. I forgot to reinject the hydrated solution into the dilute I'm worried sick ....please help

Last edited:
I really don't know, but perhaps someone else may have an answer for you.

caf.gif

I dont know about chicken vaccines but with puppy vaccines during the testing phase they give the puppies 10 times the amount to prove the safety of the vaccines. How long has it been??

Oh if its been that long I would think they would be just fine especially if htey are eating and drinking with no problems. So instead of giving them 1 shot how many did you give them? One this is for sure they will probably be well immunized. Also you may can contact the drug manufacturor and talk to them. They should be able to tell you what they do to prove the safety of their vaccine.

I took the 1ml of vaccine and forgot to add it back into the solution and used 1 ml for 8 chicks but i went in after and gave them each some of the dilute solution.

What is the normal dosage? I have never used that vaccine--If you only forgot to add the diluted solution but still gave them the right amount that should not be a problem for them.

Back
Top Bottom