Vaccine Emergency..........PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mrsfoote, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    What happens if you give a chick to much Merricks Vaccine ....Emergency please. I forgot to reinject the hydrated solution into the dilute I'm worried sick ....please help

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I really don't know, but perhaps someone else may have an answer for you.

[​IMG]

3. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    ANYONE ELSE?? Please?

4. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Maybe PM ahappychick, she gives hers the Marek's vaccine, she quite knowledgeable (SP?)

5. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I dont know about chicken vaccines but with puppy vaccines during the testing phase they give the puppies 10 times the amount to prove the safety of the vaccines. How long has it been??

6. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    I gave it to them last night and they are all running around and eating and drinking normally.

7. isadream

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Oh if its been that long I would think they would be just fine especially if htey are eating and drinking with no problems. So instead of giving them 1 shot how many did you give them? One this is for sure they will probably be well immunized. Also you may can contact the drug manufacturor and talk to them. They should be able to tell you what they do to prove the safety of their vaccine.

8. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    I took the 1ml of vaccine and forgot to add it back into the solution and used 1 ml for 8 chicks but i went in after and gave them each some of the dilute solution.

9. isadream

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    What is the normal dosage? I have never used that vaccine--If you only forgot to add the diluted solution but still gave them the right amount that should not be a problem for them.

10. Mrsfoote

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Okay I'll just keep an eye on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by