VACCINE ! ! !

kostapuleri

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
Help please ! ! !
I have 2 bay chicks they are 3 months old i do not know which vaccine to do to them tell me please i need your help ! ! !

i'm no expert, but i thought chicks were vaccinated either in the egg or right when they hatched....
what kind of vax do you think they need?

welcome-byc.gif

Did you hatch them yourself or did you buy them from a hatchery? As far as I know hatcheries vaccinate chicks before sending them off. If you bought from one, phone them and ask if they did vaccinate and for what. Here's an excellent article on vaccinations that should answer your questions:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps030

Last edited:
Just to clarify what Sumi wrote: hatcheries don't vaccinate all chicks. You have to pay extra for vaccinations, so it's possible to have unvaccinated hatchery birds here in the US.

Just to clarify what Sumi wrote: hatcheries don't vaccinate all chicks. You have to pay extra for vaccinations, so it's possible to have unvaccinated hatchery birds here in the US.

Exactly, also in other parts of the world this applies too, for instance my birds are not vaxed, it was an option at purchase time not an automatic.

Back
Top Bottom