1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

vacinations young homer kit

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by kelliepulido, Jan 29, 2011.

1. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I am hoping to get a homer kit of young birds in the next month or so wondering what others vacinate for?I am also shopping so anyone has some young birds for sale... I don't plan on racing at this time but do want to train as if I was just for the fun of it.New to pigeons.I will post pix when my loft is here.Should be delivered soon I think the great builder friend of mine who is working on it is almost done.Hard part is moving it on the flat bed trailer over to my house.He lives around the bend from me.

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Most vaccinate for PMV-1 and Pox [​IMG] They can be found at foyspigeonsupplies.com and other pigeon suppliers as well.

3. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    thanks Mary

4. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    are there any vaccines that you don't have to inject, i know in chickens there are ones that go in the eye, just wondering!

5. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Yep! The pox vaccine is the only one I am aware of that doesn't require sticking the back of the neck (or inside pocket of the leg, which I have no experience with). You have to pluck some feathers out of the breast, and brush the vaccine onto the skin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by