Vacuum Cleaner Ratings wanted PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by IN-farmgirl, Aug 31, 2009.

1. IN-farmgirl

IN-farmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    My Eureka Boss SmartVac is just about dead. I don't know what to get to replace it...I NEED A GOOD VACUUM CLEANER because I have a cat, 2 boys and lots of carpeting...and a small house. DUST is EVERYWHERE! (and its no wonder because I just discovered a hole in the hose!!) UGH!!

PLEASE...what vacuum cleaner do you recommend?

2. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    I'm partial to my rainbow (water in bowl catches dirt, etc.) but I hear great things about the Dyson that's for pet problems.

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    DYSON DYSON DYSON

will be one of the best investments you will ever make. The thing will NEVER break or loose suction. I used to break ever vacume before I got my dyson. Been 5 years and still going strong! Can handle my long hair, and never gets jammed. It is a big expence but really it is worth it.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Having had Dyson, Rainbow and all the fancy ones, (I was a housekeeper for years), I like my plain ole Kenmore canister vac- but I do use the HEPA bags for it. I think it was about 150.00.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Oreck.

Cleans up dog hair like nothing else I've ever seen. Amazing machine!

6. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    We have the Dyson Animal 25 for all floors.

I love it!

If our house was on fire and I had limited time to snatch and run, it would be in the top things to grab.

I have a small house but two cats, a dog, long curly hair for myself, and a thick headed (hair-wise, in this instance) husband. Plus huge allergies to dust. After I use the Dyson the air smells fresh and clean, not that nasty sorta burnt smell you get with some vacs.

Get a Dyson.

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I have an obsessive cleaner friend who has had the most expensive, fancy vacuum cleaners and cheap models. She burns both kinds out in about 6 months. She just buys whatever is on sale [​IMG]

8. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Kirby

Expensive, but worth it

9. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I use my Dhs shop vac [​IMG] LOL I don't have carpet but I like a vacuum for dusting and cob webs and under cushions.....

Oreck would have to be my fav brand though.

10. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have a Riccar upright

My vacuum cleaner repair guy sells Dysons because they're in demand right now, but he'd never reccommend them. A well maintained upright vacuum will not lose suction power and the repairs on a Dyson are outrageous! $70 for changing a belt!!!! He said, "Someone's going to lose their shirts on these."

If you want to get a Kirby or Rainbow - buy used. They're workhorse vacuums, but the expense for a new one is mostly commisions for the bigwigs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by